The Emergency Responders Credit Union Nominating Committee is now accepting letters of interest and nominations from the membership for three openings on the Board of Directors.
Board candidates must be members in good standing of the Emergency Responders Credit Union. Each position will serve for a period of three years. All letters of interest or nominations should be submitted in writing to the staff at the credit union or to one of the committee members noted below. If you are submitting a letter of interest for yourself, please include a brief biographical description with your letter.
If you feel that you would be a great asset to Emergency Responders Credit Union’s Board of Directors, please fill out the form below to serve as your letter of interest and biographical description. We are asking all Board Nominees to also include a headshot of yourself for publication purposes. The positions will be elected by the membership at the Virtual Annual Meeting, to be held on Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 7pm.
All letters and nominations should be submitted by 5:30 p.m. on Friday, February 26th, 2021. Thank you for your interest and the continued support of YOUR Credit Union!
Jerry Amos, Charles Goins, & Chad Lankford
2021 Board of Directors Nominating Committee
Board Member ResponsibilitiesWhat it takes to be an asset to the ERCU Board of Directors: The Board of Directors is ultimately responsible for all the operations and functions of the CU. To carry out this responsibility it must
- Clearly establish policy
- Select competent management
- Assure that management is performing properly
- Meet regularly
- Determine the goals of the membership for the existence of the CU.
- Establish and approve an annual budget
- Establish interest rates and approve expenditures
- Authorize necessary bond coverage, investments, and depositories
- Declare dividends and establish reserves
- Fill vacancies on the board and committees between annual meetings
- Review and act on delinquent loans
- Maintain working relationships with credit union management and committees
- Receive and take appropriate action on the reports of the supervisory authorities and examining committee
- Review progress of the credit union in serving member needs
- Plan for the long-term development and needs of the credit union
- Participate in relevant chapter and league programs
- ERCU may not pay Board members to serve except as follows:
- Board members can be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred in their service as board members. “Reimbursed” means the Board member pays it first, and then recovers it from ERCU. The credit union does not front the expense. NCGS 54-109.38.